Who Should I Go to For...
- A concern in my personal life (which may cause me to fall behind on preclinical work, to miss class/clinical duties, or to request an extension on a project/exam)?
- JoMo and Anna Delaney! Both will write back to your email within 24 hrs.
- Concern about my academic performance (preclinical exams, shelf exams, Step)?
- Carrie Renner (especially to arrange an MS4 tutor when applicable) and JoMo (especially for advice regarding residency applications)!
- A personal physical health concern?
- JoMo (especially to arrange an expedited appointment with a Penn specialist) and Anna Delaney!
- A personal mental health concern, or just wanting to vent a bit?
- Tiffany Brown! She's our CAPS on-site therapist, available 4-7 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Smilow 1-103.
- Recommendations for a mental health specialist outside of CAPS?
- Carrie Renner!
- A concern about a friend's mental health?
- You can discuss the situation and get suggestions about what to do from CAPS over the phone at 214-898-7021. You can let them know if you want an "urgent" call back.
- Discussing an uncomfortable situation with someone from the administration or faculty/staff?
- Dr. Iris Reyes, our Ombudsperson
- Reporting an incident of mistreatment (to me or someone else) that occurred at the school or in the clinical setting?
- Safety net, which can be anonymous or not based on your preference.
- Information about financial aid or financial advice?
- Jean Fox (financial aid lead) and Mike Sabara from admissions!
- Reserving a room (for an event or otherwise) or scheduling an appointment to review an exam?
- Jon McCabe!
- Scheduling (e.g. making a special request for your surgery clerkship subspecialties based on your career interests, arranging a non-preapproved elective opportunity, switching your electives after OASIS is closed, arranging two-week rotations, getting all your ducks in a row for graduation)?
- Helene Weinberg, our wonderful registrar.
- Information on MD-Master's Programs?
- Amy Nothelfer!
- Logistical issues (jury duty, vaccine papers, etc)?
- Yvonne Young!
- Your advisory dean or Dr. Neha Vapiwala!
- Research opportunities?
- Amy Nothelfer advises med student on research opportunities! You can also ask your advisory dean, Dr. Vapiwala, or Anna Delaney!
- Reimbursement for student group/personal travel grant expenses?
- Nancy O'Reilly!
- A big hug and a warm smile?
- Miss Doris!
PDI Office Hours?
Dr. Horace DeLisser (Monday & Wednesday, 2-5pm)
Dr. Cindy Christian (Thursday, 3-5pm)
Dr. Roy Hamilton (Friday, 3-5pm)
Erika Dawson (daily, 8:30-4:30)